Friday, April 3, 2009

The Cutler Situation...

Let me start this letter by saying, "Thank you GOD!"

Over the past few weeks those of you that follow sports even a little bit have probably heard about the drama in Denver. The end of last the last football season marked the beginning of the end of Jay Cutlers stay in Denver and playing professional football for the Denver Broncos. After another disappointing season in Denver the Broncos decided to fire their head coach Mike Shannahan and bring on a young and not as experienced coach out of the New England Patriots organization, Josh McDaniels. McDaniels spent the past couple of years grooming and nurturing a young quarterback Matt Cassel who suprisingly led the Patriots to an 11-5 season after losing their starting quarterback early in the season to injury. When McDaniels became the head coach in Denver this off-season he did what most leaders would like to do, build his team with his players. Unfortunatley for McDaniels he was not successful in trading for Cassel into Denver and ultimately lost the faith and respect in then current starting quarterback Jay Cutler.

The past month or so has brought on many debates and opinions about Cutler and his sensitivity, his child like behavior and his needing to get over it. HUH??? Get over it? What does it say about the society that we live in when your new boss attempts to get rid of you because he feels he has someone that can accomplish the task at hand better than you can and the public criticizes you and calls you childish for saying, ok then I'm out.

I started this letter by thanking GOD, thanking him for sending us a public figure that is willing to say "F*CK YOU new boss! F*CK YOU, for trying to unsuccessfully trade me, F*CK YOU for asking me to come and work for you after you couldn't get who you really wanted. I, Jay Cutler am suppossed to pick up the phone and accept your meeting invitation, listen to your apology, then get in front of a camera and say everything is ok? I am Jay Cutler a Pro-Bowl, All Star Quarterback! I am one of the best in my profession and I am suppossed to be ok with someone trying to get rid of me? I'm sorry is for people that are sorry and always feels so empty to me. I'm sorry is almost like a pass to do whatever you want and then be let off the hook by easily saying I'm sorry. The current trend of American culture had me expecting to turn on the radio or telelvision last month to hear Jay Cutler reading a letter written by his publicist saying that he and McDaniels had resolved their issues and are looking forward to a great and productive season. I was so relieved to hear that he took a 100,000.00 hit for not showing up to VOLUNTARY workouts. Wait a minute, "I am not receiving my bonus because I missed a VOLUNTARY workout?" Maybe Jay's four years at Vanderbilt Universtiy meant nothing and he was never taught what the word VOLUNTARY means?

April 2nd 2009, Jay Cutler is traded to the Chicago Bears and his new life begins. Josh McDaniels you are no longer worthy to utilize Cutlers skill set and the people in Colorado have been steered to believing that Cutler is to blame. Again, ask yourself how you might feel if you busted your ass to become great at what you do, lose your coach / mentor only to have a new, young and inexperienced coach step in and try and fix something that wasn't broken to begin with. Keep in mind that Jay Cutler is a Pro Bowl All Star player.

The best of luck to you Jay Cutler, Manny Ramirez of the LA Dodgers and any other employee that makes a business tons of money only to be told to take it or leave it when Big Boss Pimp Nasty is finished with you!!! I THANK YOU for telling them to take it or leave it!!!

Questions - Are we ALL ok with just getting by? Are we OK with being shit on time and time again? When and where do you draw your line in the sand?

Prostitution is illegal!!!

PS1

1 comment:

  1. I mama kay totally agree with you & I hated to lose Jay Cutler!!!
    He looks happy in Chicago--
    k

    ReplyDelete